These beautiful instructions will bless and guide you on your path to “YES, I DO”
1. You cannot give what you do not have. You cannot give love until you have an encounter with love Himself, Jesus Christ. (1 John 4:20-21)
2. No love can ever fulfill us apart from God’s love. If you do not find God’s love, you can never be fulfilled no matter how deeply people may claim to love you. (John 15:13, Isaiah 49:15)
3. You do not get into a relationship just because you are in need of love. You get into a relationship because you are whole and fulfilled, and out of the abundance of the love in your heart, you want to give to someone else. (John 13:34, 1 Cor. 13:5)
4. Stop looking for the right person, focus on being the right person. (Mat. 7:12)
5. You are good and perfect as you are, you don’t need anyone to make you feel complete.
6. If all I care about before getting married is how to look good, smell good and talk good but I do not know how to live good and treat others right, whoever finds me has not found the right person (Prov. 31:30)
7. If you do not respect yourself, nobody will respect you. And if you do not value yourself, nobody will value you. (Titus 2:15)
8. There is no such thing as love at first sight, only infatuation or lust at first sight; true love grows over time. (1 Thessalonians 3:12)
9. It is not “sexual prowess” that makes a man, but his ability to keep to his words.
10. Fornication and adultery do not start with a person dresses, walks or speaks; it starts from the heart, it starts with who you are and the decisions you have made. (Matthew 5:27-28)
11. Strong emotions are different from strong commitment; a good relationship is built on commitment, not emotions (2 Sam. 13:1-15; 1 Cor. 6:17).
12. When a person cannot keep his pants on before marriage, what is the guarantee that the person will keep it on after marriage? What is the guarantee that he/she will be able to restrain him/herself when another woman or man comes after him/her after marriage? (Proverbs 25:28)
13. The point is not being in a relationship; it is about you being in the right relationship.
14. A person who breaks his/her words on minor issues will do the same on major issues. (Matthew 5:37)
15. Show me your friends and I will show you your destiny. The people you choose to walk with will make or break you; the relationships you have will determine how far you go in life. (Proverbs 13:20)
16. When somebody loves you, he gives you free-will. He allows you to make your own choices. (Joshua 25:15)
17. If you continue to do what you know God says you should not do, you will ultimately regret your actions.
18. When your priorities are not on God or things that have eternal value, you will chase about everything in life to please yourself and show off to the world. (Mat. 6:33).
19. God is the greatest person that can prepare you for any man/woman because He made them, He knows what every man/woman wants. He knows exactly what I need to do, how to compose myself, and if I go by the instructions of my King, he will lead me to a king.