Most times what produces greatness in a man are neither visible nor tangible such is idea, wisdom, intelligence, vision, drive, character. There are virtues that you must acquire in life to build and sustain affluence.
The absence of these virtues has made many who started well vanished suddenly from the highway of becoming a national contributor
Please, note that God takes us through trials of various kinds over a period of time to stretch us and cause us to be dependent on Him instead of on our own strength. This process is very painful, but a necessary requirement in order for God to use us the way He desires us to showforth the covenant prosperity.
Joseph was an amazing man of patience, integrity and strong character. I will like to give a brief summary of the training that made Joseph succeeded:
1. Principled- he had character and integrity. He was honest. He was tempted at multiple times, and he resisted.
2. Humble- the power and prestige of his position working for Pharaoh never changed him.
3. Disciplined- Joseph had the proper long term perspective, even while in jail for a crime he didn’t commit.
4. Faithfulness- while in jail and throughout all of the turmoil, Joseph remained faithful to God and never wavered from his commitment to follow Him.
5. Grace- Joseph showed grace and mercy to his brothers, even though they had sold him into slavery.
6. Competence- he did his job with excellence. Whether as a servant, or the interpreter of Pharaoh’s dream, or as the manager of the family sheep flock.
7. Wise- Joseph was wise beyond his years. He was 30 when he stepped in to help set up Egypt for the famine, and demonstrated a seasoned perspective with decision after decision.
8. Strategic- Joseph was a planner. He instructed the officials to prepare for a famine, even though it was years away, gathering up food to store up, even during the seven years of “plenty.”
Take advantage of every situation and season of your life as an opportunities given to you by God to build the character for your desired height in life – Joseph prepared himself and had a prime opportunity when he met Pharaoh and he fulfilled what God wanted him to do with it.