I woke up this morning with the thought of the infallibility of God’s promises. In all my failings and inadequacies, it’s amazing how he has never for once given up on me. No wonder I referred to him as “The one who will never say I never said so!” (He doesn’t back down on his word). The deadness and impossibility nature of situation never breaks him.
Yea, life’s challenges on every sides has been tough, but His promises backed by his faithfulness has been tougher. Many times, his lofty promises seems not to make sense when compared with the realities that stare at us like the proud, boasting towering goliath every morning, yet He remains our adamant Cheerleader, always cheering us to victories, calling us more than Conqueror!
Whatever you may be going through, this is not the time to bail out!!! You have gone too far to go back! The time it will take to see the light at the end of the tunnel is closer than you ever think. Hang in there!
So while waiting for the manifestation of those promises, why not take courage from these unfailing assurances that collectively testify to our never failing Master’s faithfulness to his promises:
1. So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. Heb. 6:18
2. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it. 1 Thess. 5:24
3. Let us hold resolutely to the hope we confess, for He who promised is faithful. Heb 10:23
4. God is not a man, that He should lie, or a son of man, that He should change His mind. Does He speak and not act? Does He promise and not fulfill? Num. 23:19
5. Can a mother forget the baby at her breast or have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! See I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. Is. 49:15-16
6.Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. Phil 1:6
7. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie; though it tarry, wait for it, because it will surely come, it will not tarry Hab. 2:3
…… AND AT THE END OF IT ALL, OUR TESTIMONIES SHALL BE:
When the LORD restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dream. Ps. 126